Thursday, August 19, 2004

DISCOVERING THE WWW: STOP ONE

I've been really busy lately. So busy that I'm starting to break out -- a sure sign of work-related stress. But instead of attempting to touch your hearts with a tale about my long battle with acne, today, I have decided to redirect you to one of many on-line "pastures" I enjoy -- where the grass is greener, the writing touches or tickles, and zit puss is non-existent.

The first stop on this tour of the www is the home page of a guy from the land where unemployment is low, cigarette boxes have pictures of dead babies and chewing gum is frowned upon. Meet Batjay.

While I am faking my comfort with the English language (you could almost hear my faux American twang, can't you?), Batjay keeps it real. His Taglish blog reads like a conversation with that fun, shoot-from-the-hip neighbor who you were forbidden to play with as your mom was afraid you would have too much fun.

We have not met yet; but in my head (ergo, I am making this up), Batjay sounds like the kind of guy who starts a Saturday night with a quiet dinner and ends it by jumping off an illegal gambling barge in the middle of South China Sea after he accidentally set fire to it while running from the dealers he duped at the black jack table. Or at the very least, the kind of guy who would lug a huge Spiderman doll on his international business trips so he could photograph it (now that, I did not make up).

This ex-disk jockey, now a conference-speaker-slash-engineer can dish out a delicious bwakananginangyan and revel us with daily narratives about how something new or funny or silly or amazing has enriched his life. Believe me, there is a lot of wisdom in the stuff he thinks about while picking his nose on the train.

He is one of the nicest guys I have never met. If only he wasn't so in love with and married to the love of his life, Jet, I would definitely set him up with my sister.

9 Comments:

Blogger batjay said...

this is a test

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is another test

7:17 PM  
Blogger Milf said...

click for dating free online service

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site has a lot of information pertaining to my interests capital one prepaid credit card . I will definitely bookmark this page and be back later. If you get a chance, please check out my capital one prepaid credit card site. We so have something in common. Check ya later...

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came here searching for gay adult personals

Not a bad site you got here mate!

Check out mine
All about
gay adult personals

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog about Saint Bernard. I found it when I was doing some research for my own site about Saint Bernard and must say that you have some great content on here. Saint Bernards are great dogs and if you would like more info or products for Saint Bernards then you might want to stop by here! or take a look at my blog for future updates. Keep up the great work with your blog.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cars at their best 1 1995 2 4x4 dodge ton

10:05 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about golf equipment trend. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on golf equipment trend and it brought me to your blog on DISCOVERING THE WWW: STOP ONE. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog B Jay and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home