Friday, April 11, 2003

Examples of SingLish: A short conversation between CK, a boy of nearly 6, and his next door neighbour, whom he calls 'Uncle'.

[N is at the door of the CK's' house]
CK: Uncle! Uncle get me my ball, I got big one for you.
N: Why?
CK: Inside the house.
N: Where's that big bicycle?
SK: Gone. [SK is CK's mother]
CK: Big bicycle taken away.
N: Taken away already.
CK: No. Because going Toa Payoh.
N: Going Toa Payoh. Oh oh. Then bicycle go first ah. OK you go with them.
CK: Don't mind hah. Know where also.
N: Ah.
CK: There my gra- my grandmoth- my my- My uncle also went.
N: Next time you grow up you take over the big one.
CK: Yeah. [N laughs]
CK: Then my mo- brother take over my one. [CK & N laugh] Yeah ah.
N: As soon as he take yours ah,you take your father's one. [N laughs]

naintindihan nyo ba?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home